This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The contractions, induced by LTC4 in the guinea pig lung parenchymal strip are composed of two parts, one of which is due to the effect of the released TxA2 and the other one to the direct action of LTC4. After the addition of indomethacin, the TxA2 release is totally inhibited, but the contractions only partly. It is shown that the release of TxA2 only occurs during the initial period of the contractions. This indicates that the direct action of LTC4 represents the slow acting component in the contraction.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Occurrence of an unidentified substance during anaphylactic shock in cavy lung.J Physiol Lond. 1953; 120: 16P
- Identification of the C(6)-S-conjugate of leukotriene A with cysteine as a naturally occurring slow-reacting substance of anaphylaxis (SRS-A). Importance of the 11 geometry for biological activity.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1980; 96: 271
- The mechanism of action of leukotrienes C4 and D4 in guinea pig isolated perfused lung and parenchymal strips of guinea pig, rabbit and rat.Prostaglandins. 1981; 21: 793
- Evidence for a mediator role of thromboxane A2 in the myotropic action of leukotriene B4 (LTB4) on the guinea pig lung.Prostagl Leukoteienes Med. 1982; 8: 157
Zijlstra FJ, Vincent JE, Bonta IL. The effects of leukotrienes, thromboxane A2 and phospholipase A2 on human, porcine and guinea pig parenchyma. Agents and Actions, in press.
- The effects of prostaglandin endoperoxides and thromboxane A2 on strips of rabbit coeliac artery and certain other smooth muscle preparations.Br J Pharmac. 1976; 57: 462
© 1983 Published by Elsevier Inc.