This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Tritium-labelled ZK 36 374 was administered to three female beagle dogs intravenously and orally in a dose of 200 μg/kg. Blood and plasma levels and excretion with urine and feces of drug and metabolites were measured. ZK 36 374 was rapidly absorbed. The bioavailability was estimated as about 10 % of the dose. The concentration of radio-labelled compounds in the plasma declined in three phases with half-lives of 3 min, 46 min and approx. 2 d. The half-life of the unchanged drug was 14 min. ZK 36 374 was totally metabolized and excreted mainly via the kidneys.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Pharmakologische Eigenschaften von ZK 36 374, einem neuen stabilen Prostacyclinderivat.Thera piewoche. 1980; 30: 7853
- Cardiovascular properties of ZK 36 374, a novel stable prostacyclin derivative.Thera piewoche. 1980; 30: 7860
- Wirkungen eines stabilen Prostacyclinderivates auf die Nieren- and Kreislauf funktion beim Hund.Therapiewoche. 1980; 30: 7887
- Pharmacokinetics and biotransformation of the prostacyclin analogue, ZK 36 374. I. Synthesis of a tritium marker and excretion of (3H)-ZK 36 374 in the rat.Eur. J. Drug Metab. Pharmacokin. 1983; 8: 137
- Pharmacokinetics and biotransformation of the prostacyclin analogue, ZK 36 374. II. Blood and plasma levels and passage of the blood/brain barrier in the rat.Eur. J. Drug Metab. Pharmacokin. 1983; 8: 145
W. Krause, M. Schubert, M. Totzek: Pharmacokinetics and biotransformation of the prostacyclin analogue, ZK 36 374, in the monkey (Macaca fascicularis), Prosta gland. Leukotrien. Med., in press
- Pharmacokinetics and biotransformation of the prostacyclin analogue, ZK 36 374. III. Development of a radioimmunoassay and its application to the pharmacokientics of ZK 36 374 in the rat.Prostagland. Leukotrien. Med. 1983; 10: 289
- A program library for computing the parameters of linear compartment models in pharmacokinetics.Int. J. Biol. Med. Comp. 1980; 11: 115
W. Krause, R. Beckmann, M. Schubert: Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the stable prostacyclin analogue, ZK 36 374, in the cat. Submitted for publication.
© 1984 Published by Elsevier Inc.