This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Prostaglandin E2 levels in hamster pancreas were measured by radioimmunoassay. Control animals (N = 22) were compared to etretinate treated animals (N = 33). There was a highly significant reduction in pancreatic prostaglandin E2 production in the treated animals (means 1.842 ng/mg pancreas and 0.486, p <0.0005) suggesting that etretinate is a blocker of pancreatic prostaglandin production.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Prostaglandin E and cancer growth.Cancer, Immunol Immunother. 1980; 8: 3
- Potential for chemoprevention.Cancer. 1982; 50 (Supplement 2550)
- Oral mucosal tumour inhibition by Ibuprofen.Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1983; 41: 795
- Effects of retinoic acid on prostaglandin biosynthesis in guinea-pig skin.J Invest Dermatol. 1975; 65: 370
- The effect of etretinate on cyclo-oxygenase and lipoxygenase products of arachidonic acid in psoriatic skin.Br J Dermatology. 1983; 109: 703
- Inhibition by retinoic acid of collagenase production in rheumatoid synovial cells.N Engl J Med. 1980; 303: 432
- The antipsoriatic agents retinoic acid and etretinate inhibit 15 lipoxygenase.Clinical Science. 1984; 67: 221
- Antipsoriatic drugs as inhibitors of soybean lipoxygenase. A possible mode of action.Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Med. 1983; 11: 373
- Re-expression of cellular retinoic acid binding protein in human and hampster pancreatic carcinoma.in: Proceedings of the First International Conference on the modu lation and mediation of cancer by vitamins. Karger, Basel1983
- Prostacyclin inhibits pancreatic secretion.J Physiol. 1980; 238: 531
- Prostaglandin release in canine acute haemorrhagic pancreatitis.Gut. 1975; 17: 22
© 1986 Published by Elsevier Inc.