This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Semisynthetic diets enriched with polyunsaturated fatty acids (30 en% sunflowerseed oil or linseed oil) reduced hypertension development in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) compared with control SHR fed on a regular rat chow. The effect was most markedly expressed in the 3rd and 4th generations of a four generation feeding period. PGI2-like production from isolated, pulsatingly perfused aorta preparations was reduced in linseed oil but not in sunflowerseed oil fed rats. Effects on blood pressure and PGI2-like production were abolished when the semisynthetic diets were changed for regular chow (5th and 6th generations).
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Samuelsson B. Rammwell P.W. Paoletti R. Advances in Prostaglandin and Thromboxane Research. Vol 8. Raven Press, New York1980: 1791
- Clin Exper Hypert A. 1983; 5: 485
- Prostagl Leukotr Med. 1982; 8: 151
- Arch Internat Pharmacodyn. 1985; 276: 222
- Eur J Pharmacol. 1980; 64: 79
- Prostaglandins. 1982; 24: 631
- Prostagl Leukotr Med. 1982; 8: 273
- Prostaglandins. 1978; 15: 1005
- Prostaglandins. 1980; 19: 285
- J Pharmacol Methods. 1982; 7: 263
- Prostagl Leukotr Med. 1982; 9: 411
- Prostaglandins. 1982; 23: 369
- Florence1982: 696 (Abstract) Internat Prostagl Conf,
- Atherosclerosis. 1983; 49: 99
- Herman A.G Vanhoutte P.M. Denolin H. Goossens A. Cardiovascular Pharmacology of the Prostaglandins. Raven Press, New York1982: 233
- Prostaglandins. 1981; 21: 727
- Nutr Rev. 1981; 39: 289
- Biochem Biophys Res Comm. 1983; 116: 1091
- Nature. 1984; 307: 165
© 1986 Published by Elsevier Inc.