This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The effects of prostaglandin(PG) E2 and D2 on the plasma levels of argininevasopressin(AVP) and oxytocin(OXT) in rabbits, and on the release of the both hormones from the isolated posterior pituitary of rats were examined. An intraventricular administration of PGE2 to a rabbit raised the plasma levels of the both hormones. An intraventricular injection of PGD2 also increased the plasma level of OXT but not that of AVP. The release of AVP and OXT from fragments of the posterior pituitary of a rat was not influenced by perfusion with Eagle MEM medium containing 10−6 or 10−5 M PGE2 and D2.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Identification of a smooth muscle-stimulating factor in bovine brain.Biochem Biophys Acta. 1964; 84: 218-219
- The role of prostaglandins in the central nervous system.Ann Rev Physiol. 1979; 41: 669-684
- Prostaglandin D2 in rat brain, spinal cord and pituitary: basal level and regional distribution.Life Sci. 1982; 31: 2093-2103
- Regional distribution of prostaglandin D2, E2 and F2 α and related enzymes in postmortem human brain.J Neurochem. 1984; 43: 71-82
- Anticonvulsive effects of endogenous prostaglandins formed in brain of spontaneously convulsive gerbils.Prostaglandins. 1984; 27: 913-923
- The rabbit diencephalon in stereotaxic coordinates.J Comp Neurol. 1954; 101: 801-824
- Amino acid metabolism in mammalian cell culture.Science. 1959; 130: 432-437
- Distribution of vasopressin and oxytocin in rat brain.Endocrinol Japon. 1985; 32: 89-97
- Natriuretic “hormone” and the renal prostaglandins.Prostaglandins. 1972; 1: 55-70
- Inhibition of vasopressin-activated adenyl cyclase from renal medulla by prostaglandins.Eur J Pharmacol. 1972; 20: 143-146
- Prostaglandin D2, another renal prostaglandin?.Prostaglandins. 1978; 15: 988
- Persistent natruretic effect of prostaglandin D2 in the dog.Kidney Int. 1978; 14: 762
- Renal effect of prostaglandin D2 (PGD2).in: Fed Proc. 36. 1977: 505
- Prostaglandins and renin release: Assessment of renin secretion following infusion of PGI2, E2 and D2 into the renal artery of anesthetized dogs.Prostaglandins. 1978; 15: 81-89
- Interrelationship among prostaglandins, vasopressin and cyclic AMP in renal papillary collecting tubule cells in culture.Prostaglandins. 1982; 24: 547-565
- Prostaglandins, thromboxanes and the pregnant rat uterus at term.Br J Pharmacol. 1981; 73: 75-80
- Effect of prostaglandins on the uterus vasculature of the nonpregnant sheep.Prostaglandins. 1981; 22: 333-348
- The effect of prostaglandins on the guinea pig mammary gland.Prostaglandins. 1981; 22: 333-348
- The effect of prostaglandins on the release of arginine vasopressin from the quinea pig hypothalamo-neurohypophyseal complex in organ culture.Endocrinology. 1981; 108: 193-198
- Specific bindings of prostaglandin D2, E2 and F2 α in postmortem human brain.Brain Res. 1985; 342: 110-116
- Purification and properties of prostaglandin D synthetase from rat brain.J Biol Chem. 1979; 254: 5222-5228
© 1989 Published by Elsevier Inc.