This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Theophylline (p < 0.05) and ketotifen (p > 0.05) markedly reduced, but the lipoxygenase inhibitors and PAF receptor antagonists were without any influence on the endothelin-1 (ET-1 1 nmol/kg i.v.) induced increase of pulmonary inflation pressure of anaesthetised and ventilated guinea-pigs. The ET-1 induced increase in mean arterial blood pressure as well as the secondary TXB2 release into bronchoalveolar lavage fluid or plasma was not decreased. TXB2 release cannot be the only mechanism of bronchopulmonary ET-1 effects in guinea-pigs in vivo.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Effect of OKY-046, a new thromboxane A2 synthetase inhibitor, on experimental asthma in guinea pigs.Prostaglandins Leukotrienes and Med. 1987; 30: 111-122
- Thromboxane A2 production in allergen-induced immediate and late asthmatic responses: its possible role in inducing the late response.J. Asthma. 1988; 25: 117-124
- The bronchoconstrictor effect of inhalated prostaglandin D2 in normal and asthmatic men.N. Engl. J. Med. 1984; 311: 209-213
- Inhibition by aspirin of bronchoconstriction due to leukotrienes C4 and D4 in the guinea pig.Europ. J. Pharmacol. 1981; 72: 417-418
- Holme G. Morley J. PAF in Asthma. Academic Press, London1989
- Endothelin and bronchial asthma.Lancet. 1989; 2: 747-748
Lueddeckens G., Bigl H., Sperling J., Becker K., Braquet P., Förster W. Importance of secondary TXA2 release in mediating of endothelin-1 induced bronchoconstriction and vasopression in the guinea pig. Prostaglandins Leukotrienes and Ess. Fatty Acids, in press
- Computer program for the parametric and nonparametric comparison of several groups to a control.Comput. Biol. Med. 1987; 17: 37-44
- Inhibition of endothelin-induced bronchoconstriction by OKY-046, a selective thromboxane A1 synthetase inhibitor, in guinea pigs.in: 7th Internation. Conference on Prostaglandins and related Compounds, Florence2nd ed. Abstr. book. 1990: 116
- Effect of endothelin-1 on blood pressure and bronchopulmonary system of the guinea pig.J. Cardiovascul. Pharmacol. 1989; 13: 143-146
- Comparative effects of endothelin-1 and leukotriene D4 on guinea pig lung parenchyma in vitro.in: 7th Internat. Conference on Prostaglandins and related Compounds, Florence2nd ed. Abstr. book. 1990: 324
- Role of arachidonic acid metabolites on the bronchopulmonary activity of endothelin (ET-)-1, ET-2 and ET-3 in the guinea pig.in: 7th Internat. Conference on Prostaglandins and related Compounds, Florence2nd ed. Abstr. book. 1990: 324
- Role of thromboxane receptor activation in the bronchospastic response to endothelin.Prostaglandins. 1990; 40: 71-79
- Effect of theophylline on airway response to inhalated platelet-activating factor in man.Eur. Respir. J. 1989; 2: 763-768
- Ketotifen inhibits the cutaneous responses but not the bronchoconstriction and bronchial hyperresponsiveness induced by PAF in man.Thorax. 1987; 42: 220
- The mast cell and theophylline in asthma.Am. J. Med. 1985; 79: 22-25
- The pharmacological properties of a new, orally active antianaphylactic compound: ketotifen, a benzocycloheptathiophene.Arzneimittelforsch. 1978; 28: 770-782
- Methylxanthine phosphodiesterase inhibitors behave as prostaglandin antagonists in a perfused rat mesenteric artery preparation.Prostaglandins. 1977; 13: 33-40
- Theophylline inhibitis platelet aggregation, prostaglandin and thromboxane production by a mechanism which is independent of cyclic AMP.Agent Actions. 1984; 14: 102-108
- Apparent irrelevance of cyclic nucleotides to the relaxation of tracheal smooth muscle induced by theophylline.Lung. 1979; 156: 173-183
- On the mechanism of action of theophylline on the heart and other organs.in: Rietbrock N. Woodcock B.G. Staib A.H. Theophylline and other methylxanthines. Vieweg, Braunschweig, Wiesbaden1982: 99-105
- Theophylline actions on adenosine receptors.Eur. J. Respir. Dis. 1980; 61: 29-36
- Endothelin and Ca antagonist BAY K 8644: Different vasoconstrictive properties.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 1988; 156: 186-192
Accepted: April 25, 1991
Received: December 24, 1990
© 1991 Published by Elsevier Inc.