Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids
- Nutrients for cognitive development in school-aged children.Nutr. Rev. 2004; 62: 295-306
- The role of essential fatty acids in neural development.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1993; 57: 703S-770S
- Essential fatty acids in somatic growth and brain development.World Rev. Nutr. Diet. 2001; 89: 134-160
- Timing and vulnerability in research on malnutrition and cognition.Nutr. Rev. 1996; 54: S49-S55
- Comparison of the brain growth spurt.Early Hum. Dev. 1979; 3: 9-83
- Maturation of the human frontal lobes. Physiological evidence for staging.Dev. Neuropsychol. 1991; 7: 397-419
- Omega-3 fatty acids in boys with behaviour, learning and health problems.Physiol. Behav. 1996; 59: 915-920
- Effect of a 12-mo micronutrient intervention on learning and memory in well-nourished and marginally nourished school-aged children: 2 parallel, randomized, placebo-controlled studies in Australia and Indonesia.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2007; 86: 1082-1093
- Randomised study of cognitive effects of omega-3 fatty acid supplementation in undernourished rural school children.S. Afr. J. Clin. Nutr. 2000; 13 (abstr.): 100
M. Kruger, M.L. Langenhoven, M. Faber, Fatty acid and amino acid composition tables. Supplement to MRC Food Composition Tables (1991). South African Medical Research Council, Parow Valley, Cape Town, 1992.
- Development, microbiological content and sensory analysis of a spread rich in n-3 fatty acids.Food Res. Int. 2006; 39: 559-567
- A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues.J. Biol. Chem. 1957; 226: 497-509
- Simultaneous determination of retinol and α-tocopherol in serum or plasma by liquid chromatography.Clin. Chem. 1983; 29: 708-712
- The Hopkins Verbal Learning Test: development of a new memory test with six equivalent forms.Clin. Neuropsychol. 1991; 5: 125-142
D.B. Laubscher, A.A. Roux, Handleiding en Toets: Afrikaanse Groepleestoets vir Afrikaanssprekende Leerlinge in Graad 1/Sub A, Institute for Psychological and Edumetric Research, Human Sciences Research Council, Pretoria, South Africa, 1984, pp. 1–25.
A.A. Roux, Handleiding en Toets: Afrikaanse Groepspellingtoets vir Afrikaanssprekende Leerlinge in Graad 1/Sub A, Institute for Psychological and Edumetric Research, Human Sciences Research Council, Pretoria, 1984, pp. 1–25.
- Issues in the assessment of nutritional status using anthropometry.Bull. WHO. 1994; 72: 273-283
- Missing Data in Clinical Studies.Wiley, Hoboken, USA2007
- The role of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in infant cognitive development.Prostaglandins Leukot. Essent. Fatty Acids. 2000; 63: 95-100
- Importance of n-3 fatty acids in health and disease.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2000; 71: 171-175
- Health benefits of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).Pharmacol. Res. 1999; 40: 211-225
- Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in the growth and development of the brain and memory.Nutrition. 2003; 19: 62-65
- Are long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids essential nutrients in infancy?.Lancet. 1995; 345: 1463-1468
- Fatty acid composition of brain, retina, and erythrocytes in breast and formula fed infants.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 1994; 60: 189-194
- N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid requirements of term infants.Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2000; 71: 251S-255S
- Stunting and mental development in children.Nutr. Res. 1996; 16: 1821-1828
- Effects of growth restriction in early childhood on growth, IQ, and cognition at age 11–12 years and the benefits of nutritional supplementation and psychosocial stimulation.J. Pediatr. 2000; 137: 36-41
- A review of studies on the effect of iron deficiency on cognitive development in children.J. Nutr. 2001; 131: 649S-668S
- Iron deficiency and cognitive achievement among school-aged children and adolescents in the United States.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: 1381-1386
World Health Organization, Nutritional Anaemia, World Health Organization Technical Report Series No. 3, 1992, World Health Organization, Geneva.
S.M. Pilch, F.R.Senti, Assessment of the iron nutritional status of the US population based on data collected in the Second National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1976–1980, Life Service Research Office, Federation of the American Societies for Experimental Biology, Bethesda, Maryland, 1980.
- Indicators of assessing vitamin A deficiency and their application in monitoring and evaluating intervention programmes.World Health Organization, Geneva1972
- C-reactive protein fifty years on.Lancet. 1981; 1: 653-657
☆Research funding granted by The Department of Science and Technology Innovation Fund.